"End Mill Doctor" ?

It looks like a nice kit. Did you get the additional table + associated pieces?

The majority of the time just sharpening the end of the end mill will get you back in biz. But I might not using my end mills like a lot of guys because I don’t use my flutes to mill surfaces. I use my shaper for that kind of work.

i did get warned here not to waste my time trying to grind flutes with anything but an air bearing head and learned the hard way they were absolutely right. Darex and Cuttermaster both have air bearing heads. I was lucky to find and stand alone unit and it works amazing.

The majority of the time just sharpening the end of the end mill will get you back in biz. But I might not using my end mills like a lot of guys because I don’t use my flutes to mill surfaces. I use my shaper for that kind of work.

i did get warned here not to waste my time trying to grind flutes with anything but an air bearing head and learned the hard way they were absolutely right. Darex and Cuttermaster both have air bearing heads. I was lucky to find and stand alone unit and it works amazing.
I did not know that existed... had to search on it...

That is a lot of $$ to do this at home... wow...

Air not only makes the shaft glide with no friction, it keeps the grit from grinding from fouling the shaft. Which it majorly does without air. And just boring a hole in the side of the housing and zapping air to it doesn’t work. tool and cutter grinders come up used but you have to be careful because many times there are missing pieces. And yeah, a complete tool grinder can be very expensive. I ended up with a Deckel knockoff with an R8 head. Now with the separate air bearing I’m totally set up.

Attachments

• 6A97D0FA-8788-46A6-B325-9823F9D4B285.jpeg
    6A97D0FA-8788-46A6-B325-9823F9D4B285.jpeg
    339 KB · Views: 16
  • C59B38EA-DC8D-49CB-98C8-512F066131DD.jpeg
    C59B38EA-DC8D-49CB-98C8-512F066131DD.jpeg
    444.1 KB · Views: 16
From the shape of those flat pieces it almost looks like the Acute sharpener is sort of a pantograph. Is that correct?

Most people don't realize that the people who make the Drill Doctor are also the people who own Darex.

Most people don't realize that the people who make the Drill Doctor are also the people who own Darex.
Yes. I found that out when searching on these…

I also noticed that they have discontinued the E85/90…

Back