End Mill Sharpening Fixture

cs696

Registered
Registered
A while back I bought one of those end mill sharpening fixtures. They take a 5c collet. one end of the base has an angle on it and also a slight angle on flat part. This is not one of the Chinese versions(which was the first one I got but returned for lack of instructions) but a made in USA one. Unfortunately the USA model did not have any better directions.
Does anyone have any experience with one of these or know where I could get some info?
Thanks

The name on it is Eagle Rock Tech, Bath PA. I will try and post some pix, just not sure how.I tried to up load some pix but get error message

Last edited:
What does it look like and what info do you need? I built a floating end mill holder and use it for sharpening end mills I might be able to help you out if I know what you need for info.

I have issues when I try to load a picture from my documents. I have found it works if I post the picture while I am writing. I have been told that linking to a hosting site also works.

Nice air chuck. did you build it your self? I picked up an K.O. Lee cutter grinder a few years back from a scrap yard for $100.00. It did not have any tooling but it does run(3 phase with converter). I would like to make an air chuck(or is it collet?) Do you have any plans for it?

I upload pics to Imgur or a Photobucket then post direct image links. I find it much easier than using the software here.

There is a very good tutorial on Youtube: "This Old Tony" "Shootin' the Poop #1 End Mill Grinding Fixture"
It is a very good video.

I have one of these, but I'm tempted to make a more elaborate one that is less fussy to use.

Back