Engine Hoist modification.

Would it be possible to cut the hitch, weld the ball plate without the drop to the top, or bottom of the box tubing, use an eye bolt, and 2 sling shackles? The eye bolt shows to be on sale for 2 bucks.

1594014935744.png

If but for the 'welding' part. That's a main drawback to a lot of my projects.
Always have to find a way around it.
I need to learn how to and pick a welder someday.

The Web Sling Shackle is cool, thanks for posting that.

Would it be possible to cut the hitch, weld the ball plate without the drop to the top, or bottom of the box tubing, use an eye bolt, and 2 sling shackles? The eye bolt shows to be on sale for 2 bucks.

View attachment 329632

Maybe take the hitch out heat at the drop, bring it up level, drill a new hole for the eye bolt, trim off the excess. :dunno:

First lift. Went well. Slightly inclined at the hoist side. Lifted the 'pitted' one first.
Left it lifted for two how, no change in position.
Rotated 360° surprisingly easy, with my Rube Goldberg design.
Borrowed a stall mat from a neighbor. Have it sitting on that to clean it up.
Figured the mat might save me some headaches. (D*mn those mats are heavy...)

Attachments

• First-Lift_001.jpg
    First-Lift_001.jpg
    832.7 KB · Views: 11
Am I seeing things wrong or is the load out beyond the front wheels? Looks like an accident waiting to happen!
Aaron

Am I seeing things wrong or is the load out beyond the front wheels? Looks like an accident waiting to happen!
Aaron
Oh yeah, that. I need to free up the leg extensions, they're either rusted or jammed in place.
There's 5-gal bucket o' rocks sitting on the back end for counter-balance.
Also after I got it up off the dolly -floating, I stood an it also just to be sure.
That's one of the light plates. Going to need to get the legs out for the 6"ers and the 24x36"ers.
Basically a test of the new hydraulic cylinder and the 'hook'.

if only there were some kinda device designed to lift heavy things.......:p
-brino
I actually put a 6" C-clamp on it to be able to grip it and drag it into place. Tried rolling it up first but the gremlins had other ideas. :grin:

Back