Engineers Black Book Handy Information

tomh

Registered
Registered
Often I see questions ask about such topics as tooling insert shapes and size, what drill bit to use, hole coordinates, keyway sizes, just to name a few. And yes, the Machinery Hand Book has all info you should need, but the Engineers Black Book puts most of the info you will need in your hand at a glance, in a spiral bound smudge resistant, handy size book that lays flat and is a joy to use. The Engineers Black Book is a book I believe any home hobbyist should not be without. No need to dig through page after page of small print on easily torn and smudged pages.

That one is on my list, I find the regular machinery book(sorry the actual name escapes me right now) to be too much information.:+1:

ENCO has this for 27.77 - 20% = free shipping =22.21
The drill gauge is included with the book and is made of metal
( Make sure you get the correct book )

After purchasing this book go to their web site.

Do a review and enter the code in the back of the book and they will send you a free 002.JPG wall chart:encourage:

Looks like a lot of good information, thanks for sharing!

On the website for the publisher they are $24.99 with $5.99 shipping. The only ENCO code I have is for 15% on orders over $99.

I have a pocket version that is similar that I've had forever. Not sure if it has the insert info, but pretty much everything I need to find out seems to be there. I'd post a pic of it, but I'm a few thousand miles away until spring. Looks like a great resource to have at hand. Mike

In this part of the world we think and use everithing in metric sistem. Most of the tables in American books is useless. It is the case with this book?
Tryed a download to check if it is real good to me before buy but cant find one.

At the bottom of the page on the web site

The Engineers Black Book is currently available in either the 2nd Edition(Metric) or USA Edition(Imperial). In stores,the USA Edition is only available in North America and the 2nd Edition is available only throughout the rest of the world.

And yes the American edition has metric conversions in it.:encourage:

Email them and request a distributor in South America.
Hope this helps our metric friends:encourage:

Back