Enlarge tapered hole

If I remember correctly the standard taper n the US is 1.5" per foot. I have no idea what the European standard is. If you were in the US I have a tapered reamer I could loan you.

Thanks, this is sort of GM parts, so I'm ordering a 1.5" per foot reamer, see if it fits :)

Hey,

Have these two items that I want to mate, and I'm wondering if tapered reamer is the way to go about this? The hole is already tapered for another slightly smaller ball joint.

View attachment 395588

Automotive spindles are Forged, we ream the ball joint holes all the time, buy the correct reamer and go slowly.

Ok, I will do that. I'll post how it goes when I get the reamer, might take 2-3 months from China. First I have to find someone who knows what a VOEC number is and that has now taken most of this week with no luck, :D

Slowest my mill will go is 90, is that ok?

I wish you were in the US. I would lend you mine. On second thought, PM me with your name and address. I can send you mine to keep. I think the reamer has a 4MT shank. Can you work with that?

There doesn’t look to be an adjustable nod axis like on a Bridgeport. Perhaps shims between the white ram and the red head?
I think that is the only way.
I wish you were in the US. I would lend you mine. On second thought, PM me with your name and address. I can send you mine to keep. I think the reamer has a 4MT shank. Can you work with that?

I'm sorry I seem to forgot to reply to this. I did get a usa made reamer that is pretty good quality, but thanks for the offer, it's super nice :)

Abom79 also did a video about this, probably during 2021 or early 2022. Enlarging tapered holes for a ball joint using a tapered reamer.

Back