Equipment on fb marketplace

Cooped_Up

Registered
Registered
There is a lathe I have been interested in for a little while and what appears to be a shaper although the seller claims it to be a milling machine (I can see why he might be confused). I don't really know what to offer, he said $1000 for the lathe and $1500 for the mill. I see that he probably doesn't know what it is he has and doesn't know what it's worth. one other point is its 6+ hours away from me and I don't know if it would be worth the drive. I wouldn't pay anywhere near his original offer but should I come back with different numbers or leave it alone and not waste my time. I would love to have a shaper and a better lathe but when should I draw the line95477618_2595207154052534_5376224945049116670_o.jpg105368052_2595207110719205_5005070201272069839_o (1).jpg104414828_2595207160719200_842593985451154971_o.jpg

I don't know what the probably a shaper is But I'm pretty sure the lathe is a Leblond regal Lathe

Any chance the seller would turn the lights on and shoot some more photos??? :D
In all seriousness, before I committed to a 12 hr round trip (with the gear to bring it home too maybe?) I personally would want to have a better sense of condition and willingness to deal.

Maybe there is a member that lives pretty close to this seller and could check out the equipment for you. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

I did not think of that but that would be a good idea... how would one be suggested to do that
Maybe there is a member that lives pretty close to this seller and could check out the equipment for you. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Edit: this is in belle Vernon, PA

The lathe is definitely a Leblond, probably a Regal, but difficult to tell exactly with the poor pictures; the shaper with milling head is worth scrap price at best, it is a POS.

The lathe is definitely a Leblond, probably a Regal, but difficult to tell exactly with the poor pictures; the shaper with milling head is worth scrap price at best, it is a POS.
I agree with the value of the shaper, but how do I approach that with the seller. as far as I can tell if it is a regal it would be a fairly old one that being based on the ornate legs and them not being cabinets

I did not think of that but that would be a good idea... how would one be suggested to do that
Edit: this is in belle Vernon, PA
Just make a post asking for a favor for anyone near Belle Vernon, PA that could check out some equipment for you. We do this a lot on a 4 wheel drive forum. Have members check out trucks or jeep for others if they live close by and can save someone a trip.

I agree with the value of the shaper, but how do I approach that with the seller. as far as I can tell if it is a regal it would be a fairly old one that being based on the ornate legs and them not being cabinets

Unless you need a lathe of that size and already have a smaller, more user friendly one, I'd keep looking. Top speed is going to be low and, while hard to tell, it doesn't appear to have a quick change gear box. Ever driven a pre-1960 flat bed truck? It will get the job done and beat you half to death in the bargain.

edit: and I definitely wouldn't pay a grand for it.

A shaper with a milling attachment on the head. Can you operate both at once I’d like to see that. Do you lock the shaper ram does it even have a lock? What a hodgepodge! Keep looking.

Back