ER-32 collet chucks for A/C lathes with 1"-10 TPI

Tinkertoy1941

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Where can a ER-32 collet chucks for Atlas/Craftsman lathes with 1"-10 TPI be purchased?

Make one..? Just replace the 1-1/2"-8 for 1"-10.

Attachments

• ER40 COLLET CHUCK to 1.5-8 SPINDLE.pdf
    182.8 KB · Views: 27
Here is a reported availability that was posted on the groups.io A-C Group the day before yesterday. I haven't actually seen one of them and no one has yet reported buying and receiving one, but am just passing this on.

Begin forwarded message:

Things are now worked out to get some very nice custom ER-32 collet chucks manufactured for our lathes with the 1”-10 TPI spindles. The chucks screw onto the spindle and extend out enough to allow a decent piece of material to be chucked up. I haven't tried it but I suppose they'd also work on the Atlas horizontal mills which also have 1"-10 spindles.

The price is $155 for the chuck, including the nut and spanner wrench, plus UPS shipping from New Jersey. Individual ER-32 collets can be purchased for $18.25 each.

My friend who is doing this is Joe Agro Jr., Senior Partner of AutoDrill in Lebanon, New Jersey. I suggest looking at their website; it’s quite interesting and the company is very successful.

Joe is using his long time supplier to manufacture the parts as Joe does not do that in house. These are not cheap Chinese manufactured chucks; they are of the highest quality. The collets are high precision Teckniks. The price Joe is providing to the group is under half of what they would normally charge so I doubt he’s making any money on it.

And just in case you want to go bigger still, Joe will also willing to do an ER-40 version for $231, $22.10 per collet, plus shipping.

And bigger still, ER-50 for $321 and $51 per collet.

These are not being mass produced but rather made to order. To keep costs down, the terms are very simple… send a check, get a chuck. To order, just email Joe at JAgro@AutoDrill.com to let him know what you want and let him know where you are. He will calculate actual UPS shipping with full value insurance and let you know so you can send just one check.

When you contact him, refer to Quotation No. 0429-22554, and tell him you are a friend of Bruno.

End forwarded message.

There was a photo attached to the original post but I can't so far copy or otherwise get it to show up here. The chuck is cylindrical except for wrench flats on the spindle end and external threads for the compression nut on the other. The photo also showed the compression nut and the hook spanner for tightening and loosening it.

Here is the photo:

ER-32 chuck.jpg

Last edited:
OK. I got a copy of the photo and added it to the above post.

I sent a request to order one this afternoon using Bruno's name and Quote.
I have had no response as of 8:00 PM

Be patient. I had the impression that this was being done more as a favor rather than as a money maker.

If I had been patient I would of seen Joe Agro Jr response it was the last one in my mail box this evening

Back