Er-40 Collet Blocks From Arc Euro Trade

how does the pricing work for USA, VAT vs no VAT and shipping to USA.

No VAT and whereas they used to only ship with Royal Post, which is very expensive, they now use FedEx to the US. The dollar seems to be getting stronger and it seemed like a good time to buy.

I just got an ER32 set with a ballbearing nut. The collet clips into the nut as normal, but the retention ring / taper is attached to the bearing, and is free to stay stationary as the nut rotates around it. So as you tighten up, there's less friction to overcome.

+1. I was a bit leery about how these nuts would release and unlock the part but they work like the normal nuts work. When you unlock you get the usual bit of free play and then it resists until the collet pops free of the taper and the part is free. They do seem to lock down easier but I have no way to measure how much force is being applied to the part.

No VAT and whereas they used to only ship with Royal Post, which is very expensive, they now use FedEx to the US. The dollar seems to be getting stronger and it seemed like a good time to buy.

Okay, just to make sure my thick American noggin is comprehending this correctly...

If a person in the USA orders an item from Great Britain (or elsewhere in the EU), the VAT is null and void, therefore the VAT is not applied to the final purchase?

Sweet! I want one of those fancy oil cans!

Okay, just to make sure my thick American noggin is comprehending this correctly...

If a person in the USA orders an item from Great Britain (or elsewhere in the EU), the VAT is null and void, therefore the VAT is not applied to the final purchase?

Sweet! I want one of those fancy oil cans!

Do you mean the Reilang oilers? If so, they're excellent - I have two of them. Best oilers I've ever used.

Do you mean the Reilang oilers? If so, they're excellent - I have two of them. Best oilers I've ever used.

YES!! The Reilang oilers! Just look at them. They are visibly engineered to be a superior product.

Buy once, cry once!

omni_dilletante Those look like hand planes in your avatar, have you posted anything about them here? I would like to see them in better pictures and maybe know a little more about them. This is on my bucket list to do and I have recently aquired some nice stainless steel blocks to make some.

Cost me $80 too, and they'll be here tomorrow! I ended up with a box of about 30 different ER40 collets in a trade a couple years ago, which I almost never use - until now... Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my fart smone using crapatalk

Thanks for this post! I just bought a 5C collet block set and was looking for collets when I wondered about ER40 collets instead. Looks like the way to go! Now I wish I wouldn't have bought the 5C blocks, though they can't hurt.

Back