ER11 spindle

Brento

Registered
Registered
Does anyone have plans or ideas for a spindle for an engraver? I am thinking of cutting my own ER11 nose or getting a decent one online. I still need a way to come up with the bearings. I was thinking of running 2 ball bearings inside a casing at each end with the center a close but loose fit of the arbor of the ER11 head. Would that suffice or am i missing something? Like should i set up an oiling system to oil the spindle? What can i do to make sure i can remove the bearings at a later date if i needed to. Spindles are still very new to me so any designs drawings would be great. I also plan to thread the outside of the casing so i can adjust the depth of cut on the engraver.

Have you looked at any the Chicom spindle assemblies available? For less than $90 (all in) isn't it worth a chance?

My question is not a recommendation or review. Just wondering if you have rejected the Chicom offerings and why.

I have seen them and have one saved on amazon. It is a possibility for sure but without knowing the body size of those spindles does make it challenging. I only have a size limit of like a 1.25 to make a thread in the casting for a height adjustment. I have two adjustments on the whole machine. I have the main adjustment for the whole engraver and then i have an adjustment for the cutting head. The stylus side did not come with an adjustment although i am sure i can tweak the design to give it a little bit of an adjustment.

Back