ER40 collet retaining nut is bad! Check your items as soon as you get them!

Mike, I know you have ETM, nice! When I was in the market for ER collet chucks I wanted a ETM chuck so bad but they were so expensive. I wanted their collets too as they were said to by top notch like how Lyndex & Hardinge are for R8 & 5c collets. I couldn't afford them at the time. I ended up getting a Bison R8 ER-40 collet chuck & a Glacern R8 ER-16 collet chuck with slim nut. I went with Techniks collets. Later on I bought another Bison R8 ER-40 collet chuck from a member local to me I knew from a flashlight forum & here for a good price. Been happy with them.

Speaking of Techinks, I thought that was pretty cool to see them in the vending machine in the HAAS video. That vending machine is pretty cool, never knew stuff like that existed. Takes away the jobs from from tool room guys though.

Mike, I know you have ETM, nice! When I was in the market for ER collet chucks I wanted a ETM chuck so bad but they were so expensive. I wanted their collets too as they were said to by top notch like how Lyndex & Hardinge are for R8 & 5c collets. I couldn't afford them at the time. I ended up getting a Bison R8 ER-40 collet chuck & a Glacern R8 ER-16 collet chuck with slim nut. I went with Techniks collets. Later on I bought another Bison R8 ER-40 collet chuck from a member local to me I knew from a flashlight forum & here for a good price. Been happy with them.

Speaking of Techinks, I though that was pretty cool to see them in the vending machine in the HAAS video. That vending machine is pretty cool, never knew stuff like that existed. Takes away the jobs from from tool room guys though.

Yeah, ETM makes some good stuff, very accurate but I've found that the nut and collet you use makes more of a difference than the chuck. Even my cheapy Tormach ER chucks run very accurately if I use Techniks collets.

I agree - I want a vending machine that spits out high precision collets, too!

Back