Even MORE scratchbuild mayhem in 5" scale

Allen

Active User
Registered
This project is still in the "scrounging" stage, but I've managed to score 85% of what I need.... for only $8!!!

What do you get when you combine a free garden tractor snow blade, a $3 bed frame, four steel wheelbarrow wheels ($5) and some scrap 3/4" pipe?
130916_002_zpsa41c8326.jpg

Eventually (hopefully), something like this...
grader_zps507b1b28.jpg

We'll pull it with the oil pull pup in parades, and follow with the little roller. Someday I'd like to build a rock crusher, too. Kim says we could call ourselves "Flybynight Contracting"... but I still prefer "Not for Hire"
P8310002.jpg

P5180042_zps8b5a8fe5.jpg

Nice Allen!!! Is that an LA powering the pup??? I like it!!

Chris

This project is still in the "scrounging" stage, but I've managed to score 85% of what I need.... for only $8!!!

What do you get when you combine a free garden tractor snow blade, a $3 bed frame, four steel wheelbarrow wheels ($5) and some scrap 3/4" pipe?
130916_002_zpsa41c8326.jpg

Eventually (hopefully), something like this...
grader_zps507b1b28.jpg

We'll pull it with the oil pull pup in parades, and follow with the little roller. Someday I'd like to build a rock crusher, too. Kim says we could call ourselves "Flybynight Contracting"... but I still prefer "Not for Hire"
P8310002.jpg

P5180042_zps8b5a8fe5.jpg

Nice job on the steam powered tractor and roller. You might need to add rubber tires to the steel wheels if you plan to pull the grader on the streets. Great Job

Thanks, Yes, the engine is a 1935 LA, and if I can get the spiders out of the mixer, it does power the thing. No, I don't need rubber, it doesn't weigh enough (about 500#) to hurt anything.

This thing is turning out to be a fairly easy build (there isn't really much to it)

I'm working on the blade lifts this weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
Back