Everthing will be put on HOLD !

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
My wife got transported to the ER by ambulance today . Dizzy and throwing up constantly . My kids and I are waiting on a call from the hospital for when we can visit , so we don't know a thing . She has a very rare disease , NMO , and we have been trying for years to deal with it . If this turns out to be something serious , you can bet your A$$ I'll do what I have to do . 12 hr days 7 days a week ? uh , sure .

Oh dear.
Thinking about you Dave.
Best wishes for answers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the best in the coming days Dave. Here is wishing all goes your way.

I'm/we're here if you need anything Dave.

This is what Dave, and his wife are dealing with
Overview
Neuromyelitis optica (NMO) is a central nervous system disorder that primarily affects the eye nerves (optic neuritis) and the spinal cord (myelitis). NMO is also known as neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder or Devic's disease. It occurs when your body's immune system reacts against its own cells in the central nervous system, mainly in the optic nerves and spinal cord, but sometimes in the brain.

The cause of neuromyelitis optica is usually unknown, although it may sometimes appear after an infection, or it may be associated with another autoimmune condition. Neuromyelitis optica is often misdiagnosed as multiple sclerosis (MS) or perceived as a type of MS, but NMO is a distinct condition.

Neuromyelitis optica may cause blindness in one or both eyes, weakness or paralysis in the legs or arms, painful spasms, loss of sensation, uncontrollable vomiting and hiccups, and bladder or bowel dysfunction from spinal cord damage. Children may experience confusion, seizures or coma with NMO. Neuromyelitis optica flare-ups may be reversible, but can be severe enough to cause permanent visual loss and problems with walking.

Last edited:
A Family member in the ER, is bad enough in normal times. I cannot imagine going through this in todays world. Many prayers and best wishes from our end. Hope it turns out to be something simple.

Sorry to hear of this, Dave. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this trying time.

Sorry to hear that Dave. Hoping for the best possible outcome for her.

Holy crap!
I am so sorry for this.

All my hopes for:
-some good news soon,
-a visit to re-assure everyone,
-a quick hospital discharge with good prognosis,
-a speedy recovery!

-brino

My wife was in the hospital for double pneumonia earlier this year. Because of Covid there were no visitors allowed. It is bad enough to have a family member in the hospital but having to rely on phone calls and texts to keep in touch makes it worse.

Hoping for a speedy discharge and recovery.

I cheated and 'liked' everything said above.

Back