Exactly What is this?

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
And is anybody interested in it? If so PM me with offers of cash or trade (I like trade)
I got this in some stuff when I traded my big ole bus off. It is in excellent shape.

Hamilton Watch gauge (1).JPG Hamilton Watch gauge (2).JPG Hamilton Watch gauge (3).JPG Hamilton Watch gauge (4).JPG

I believe it's something the quality control guy uses for go no go where he can preset within tolerance, like quick tolerances of something coming off of rolling mill, film thickness.

Genec had it pretty close. It is a thickness gauge, and yes you can set the zero point on it and use it all day in production or QC work. I have one, though it is not quite as nice as the one in the photo. Anyway, I rarely use it, but they are quick and easy to use. Maybe as I get my new shop space set up I will have a better place to keep it and will get more use out of it. Most of the time now I just use a dial caliper.

I have one that is almost the same, it looks like mine reads to a smaller tolerance, 0.00005. The button on the side opens and closes the 2 pins. The distance between the pins is adjustable with set screws, and the pins are also adjustable and available (or were available) in different styles. Mine also has a 3/8" lugged back on it, just like on most dial indicators.

PC182355Large_zpsbec67791.jpg

Back