Excellco 602 Mill

How did you date your mill? I'd like to have an know the vintage of my machine as well.

Sounds like we've done about the same things on both our Mills. I have a couple questions too, if you have one, could you share a picture of the "fork" that raises and lowers the upper sheave. Also, do you have a manual oiler, and if so, did you open it up to clean it?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Knowing when we received our mill at work and looking at the test sheet, it was dated Sept 17, 1978. It has a SN 8462. When I pulled off the motor pulley on my mill, I noticed someone had paint penned 3/75 on the sheave. It has a SN 6152. Your 2249 would put it earlier by several years at least.

Yes, I have a manual oiler...Bijur L5P-R. I opened the reservoir to clean out all the crud at the bottom, but I haven't
opened the lines.
.CIMG8061.JPG

I kept reading that the oil flow meters were not seviceable. I found them easy, although tedious,to clean. It was definitely worth opening up, vactra turns really gummy. The passages milled into the way surfaces were clogged heavily also.

In the oiler, a line comes from the pump/plunger body, goes into the lid where a passage is bored to the threaded hole on the side. This is where the first external line is connected. In this passage is a machined hole that is relieving all pressure. I plugged it and the pump works but is very stiff. I'd like to know if there is suppose to be a relief valve or something in the hole. Hope that was clear. A diagram of the pump would help.

Also, thank you for the photo of the gimble assembly, that was helpful.

A picture of your oiler might help. I did send you some info that I have on Bijur.

On the manuals....I sent one to your email as a PDF, the other was too large so I sent it to you from my dropbox. I just sent you a link where you can download the third manual.

Back