Excellent Magnetic Work Light

GummyMonster

Registered
Registered
Morning,
I bought one of these :

I'm just using it as a bench light now, but once I get my machines I can see getting a few more.
I saw a comment about gluing a Neodymium magnet or two onto the sides for better positioning options. Amazon has lots of these magnets for cheap. I bought some long flat ones that will fit almost perfectly.
The light is extremely bright for its size.
Hope this is helpful to someone.
Ken

I have the same one from Lee Valley bought it about 4 years ago, great light

Morning,
I bought one of these :

I'm just using it as a bench light now, but once I get my machines I can see getting a few more.
I saw a comment about gluing a Neodymium magnet or two onto the sides for better positioning options. Amazon has lots of these magnets for cheap. I bought some long flat ones that will fit almost perfectly.
The light is extremely bright for its size.
Hope this is helpful to someone.
Ken
Since we are on the topic... I don't like battery operated lights where I often forget to turn it off. I recently bought these magnetic lights (2 ea. for $17-) and they are very good and ridiculously inexpensive at $8.50 a piece. It is also sold in package of 1 and 3.

Highly recommended.
Ariel

I'll have to take a look at those.
Thanks.
I kinda needed this one fairly quickly, that's why I used Amazon.
I'm definitely happy with it.
Ken

I also have the same light, purchased from Lee Valley also (in 2013). I only use it for my mill when I need lighting from the right side when I use my super spacer.
20200617_194203.jpg

I'm not a fan of battery powered work lamps that aren't rechargeable. A year or 2 ago I finally bored it out so I could use rechargeable NiMhs. That will do for now until I get around to modding it. The LED tint is a bit too cool for me.
20200524_144014.jpg
20200524_144034.jpg

I also have this one now which I use more now. Comes in handy for use with my drill press & belt sander when needed. I replaced the clamp with an indicator mag base. They can be purchased with the mag base but was cheaper to buy the model without, I have extra mag bases laying around. (Don't mind the one on bottom, had to do some surgery on these lights & that one was returned)
20201028_224331.jpg

I bought one like GummyMonster's a couple of years ago. I use it on my welding table to light up out of position weld joints to help get good starts. Does a great job!

I also found a couple of "sewing machine" lights on Amazon for about $10 each. They also work great!

Attachments

• Wilton Light.JPG
    Wilton Light.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • Baileigh Light.JPG
    Baileigh Light.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Since we are on the topic... I don't like battery operated lights where I often forget to turn it off. I recently bought these magnetic lights (2 ea. for $17-) and they are very good and ridiculously inexpensive at $8.50 a piece. It is also sold in package of 1 and 3.

Highly recommended.
Ariel
Forgot to put the link...

Sewing Machine Light LED Lighting (30LEDs) 6 Watt Multifunctional Flexible Gooseneck Arm Work Lamp with Magnetic Mounting Base for Workbench Lathe Drill Press 2 Pack

Ariel

Back