Excello Ram repair

CPL_Guimonster

Registered
Registered
I recently purchased my fathers dream Excello 602.While trying to advance the ram,he whacked the handle with a hammer.(Pretty rusty)Now the handle spins around.I think he broke something. Has anyone removed the ram with it being broken? And what could have broke, a pin,a pinion gear?
42575378_750283131979111_1968434329809846272_n (1).jpg

I would soak the ways with a good penetrating oil (not WD40) once or twice a day and give the back of the ram a few whacks with a block of wood and a 3# hammer, until you get some movement. On the broken part, I think you covered both the possibilities, or possibly a few broken teeth on the rack. The culprit will be revealed when you pull the ram. Mike

Being able to pound on things without breaking them is a fine art, honing this skill usually entails breaking a few select pieces along the journey.
You can probably fix or make whatever broke up there, even the rack could be replaced/repaired
Mark

So, did you ever figure out what's wrong with your mill? As far as I know, the ram movement mechanism does not have a handle. You put a wrench on the hex end of the shaft to move it.

Back