Excuse's You give your wife or hubby for buying a new tool?

She's got about as many or more flowers than I have tools and neither of us asks permission to follow our addiction purchases---I do use my tools and mass inventory of supplies to make her things for her garden--so she is happy---we both also know where the other is 98 per cent of the time----Dave

get spending money each month + money from bike frames and bits i make and sell.
although she asked just asked what tools i need for something she wants making as she will buy them for me.

Just exactly why do you guys need excuses to by or bring a tool home? I want it I get it, case closed.

"Billy G"

Just exactly why do you guys need excuses to by or bring a tool home? I want it I get it, case closed.

"Billy G"

For smaller items under $2k I agree. When I go spend $8 to $10k on a CNC mill then she deserves some explanation.

She supports me in my small business. She saw me drop $3k in my Bridgeport and in 6 weeks it had already paid for itself.

She even follows me to car swap meets and sits there for two days watching me talk to customers and she's never complained even once.

I'm planning on keeping her :)

For smaller items under $2k I agree. What I go spend $8 to $10k on a CNC mill then she deserves some explanation.

She supports me in my small business. She saw me drop $3k in my Bridgeport and in 6 weeks it had already paid for itself.

She even follows me to car swap meets and sits there for two days watching me talk to customers and she's never complained even once.

I'm planning on keeping her :)
I think it's a bit different when you are buying tools for your business.

I agree 100% with that "alloy". But you said explanation when the OP said excuse. There is a big difference in those two words.

"Billy G"

Yes there is a big difference. Some things I buy because I just want them, others do help my business.

I have a side business so I can have toys. I would do fine without a business but how could I buy more toys?

My business supports my "habit" And I enjoy working with hot rodders on their projects.

Remember, he who dies with the most toys wins :)

I used a tried and true strategy:
I traded my wife in for a younger model (she was actually a model :))
I taught her how to weld, now she is a professional sculpture artist in New Mexico (she turned 25 so I got a new younger model...)
My current younger (non) model complains when I spend money, I tell her not to be a nag.

Back