Expensive reminder to pay attention to that “little voice...”

Yep....been there and done that. Left electric open and a threaded rod got banged and danced across the floor right into exposed electrical. Lesson learned....never ever take any electrical safety protocols for granted. Listen to that voice.

Yep....been there and done that. Left electric open and a threaded rod got banged and danced across the floor right into exposed electrical. Lesson learned....never ever take any electrical safety protocols for granted. Listen to that voice.
Yes, sir!

John and RJ,
thanks for your advice. I’ll talk to Wolf Auto tomorrow (Mon) and see if they can get the board/boards. I will not be holding my breath though.

Ah yes, the little voice. How many times have I ignored it? How many times have I wished I'd listened?

Ve get too soon old und too late schmart.

The big rectangle with many leads and the heatsink compound is likely the IGBT array. I tend to think CT1 is an isolated current transducer. You can tell lots of current flowed through it before any over-current circuits could react. DM2 might be a rectifier (DM=Diode Module, 4 leads makes sense).

The big rectangle with many leads and the heatsink compound is likely the IGBT array. I tend to think CT1 is an isolated current transducer. You can tell lots of current flowed through it before any over-current circuits could react. DM2 might be a rectifier (DM=Diode Module, 4 leads makes sense).

Thanks for your input!

Yup... I can still recall the time that little voice was telling me, "This is dangerous! You could slip and cut the he!! out of your ... OOPS!"

Just checked the motor with my cheapo multimeter and it seems ok. About 4.3 ohms between any two terminals, and max ohms between terminals and ground. I also opened up the case and gave it the sniff test and all seems normal. So, there’s that.

The little voice has screamed at me a few times when, to save time, I change the tool holder while the lathe is running. I listened, decided this is stupid...I could fumble the holder, drop it onto the spinning chuck, where a jaw bats it off at lightning speed to who knows where. My new process is always always shut the lathe down for tool changes. I am definitely not that productive that 5 seconds makes a difference.

Back