Experience with Tormach Pro Ring Light?

I made my own light for the Tormach 770. My light puts out 900 lumens.

I usually don't buy any LED area lighting unless the lumen output is specified. mcd is misleading because it depends on the area illuminated by the cone of light. As a rough estimate, they specify a 5 volt, 500 ma supply which is 2.5 watts. The most efficient LED's currently are around 140 lumens/watt which would put a maximum output of around 350 lumens. Considering the age of the design, it is probably more like 100 lumens/watt and 250 lumens output.

I don't have a dimmer on my light and haven't seen a need for it. In fact, my light is wired to come on whenever the machine is powered up. My design makes use of an open space behind the spindle so there is a slight shadow at the front of the cutter but it doesn't create a problem for me.

I have one on my Enco RF30 mill. Not variable brightness, but doesn't need to be. Works great, I'm happy with it and would recommend it.

I have one mounted on my Grizzly G0704. It required making a sleeve to fit properly.
I couldn't do without it. Worth it IMO.

I have the official one on my Tormach. I leave it on as a garage night light 24/7. Only one brightness which works well and mine has led strips inside enclosure. Probably a couple feet's worth. I can post pix if you like.

I bought one of those when they first came out. Just one brightness. I was very unhappy with everything about it & sent the thing back. Ended up building my own.

Img_9021.jpgImg_8996.jpgImg_9004.jpg

Edit: Oops, didn't realize I was replying to an old thread.

OH Lordy! I didn't realize either. Hopefully he wasn't waiting for a reply to purchase!

No, not my fault! :p Someone bumped the thread! Well my fault for not paying attention. I have a pet peeve about bumping old threads but here on this forum we don't have a rule against it. There are forums that do though.

Back