Extremely rare find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
The little old lary down the street called me. She had two books she thought I might be interested in. Her late husband was an engineer. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Two volume set of Modern Machine Shop Practice --- First Edition. The covers are in bad shape but the pages are OK. I am taking them to a professional Book Binder tomorrow. I sure hope he can save these. ------ "Billy G"

102_1180 (650 x 488).jpg 102_1181 (650 x 488).jpg 102_1182 (650 x 488).jpg 102_1183 (650 x 488).jpg

What year were they printed? Judging by the picture of the steam loco, they look real old.

I will check that when I get to the book binders tomorrow. I don't want to take any chances with them at this point. They are fragile. ------ "Billy G"

Not exactly tool gloat, but I think you still deserve a "you suck!". That's a nice windfall. Glad they found a good home, can't be many first eds left.

The only things I get from the "little old lady" down the street are complaints and dirty looks! :rolleyes:

Very cool "find" Bill.

-Ron

...............I am taking them to a professional Book Binder tomorrow. I sure hope he can save these. ------ "Billy G"

How did you find a book binder? Keep us informed on how this works out and about what it cost. I have a couple of old books I would like to save.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

I envy you. Even though my almost 240 feet of book shelves are almost full, I would make room for them,

Yup, very cool Bill. Let us know how the mending process works out for ya.

My wife began her work in Williamsburg working in the Book Binder's Shop. I have several books she bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back