F-Class

killswitch505

Registered
Registered
i built my first rifle in January A 6.5L. I've been shooting it in a frankenstock that I made from an old savage stock I glued a forearm on and painted black. I ordered a piece of English walnut and had Richards rough it into a prone target style for me. It's been 4 or 5 months and I'm just getting started...... got the action and barrel fitted along with it pillar bedded today

IMG_6133.JPG

IMG_7008.JPG

IMG_7005.JPG

IMG_7012.JPG

IMG_7015.JPG

IMG_3700.JPG

Nice piece of walnut there, looks good so far, what kind of finish are you planning. I've made several and most always fill, sand fill sand then about eight or ten coats of a truoil. Or linspeed. One thing I always do is seal the barrel channel and action area cut outs . Moisture and gun oils and cleaners love soft wood fibers.

Last edited:
Nice piece of wood, and looks like the metal complements it, judging my the initial group.

IMG_7026.JPG
what kind of finish are you planning

SB, Im going to epoxy it and knock the shine off with some steel wool. Thank you for the kind words and the advice. All though I've helped the old man a bunch This will be my first stock that was 100% my doing. My father has built dozens over the years and is super skilled at it, I'm hoping to achieve similar success. I'll add a picture of the finish I'm trying to copy on a stock my father did for me on my 270 25 years ago.

Nice piece of wood, and looks like the metal complements it, judging my the initial group.

Bam, thanks man she's a shooter my groups have improved a little since the picture I figure the new stock should improve things even more I never shot out to a 1000 yards until this rifle I went to a local F-Class open match out of 26 shooters I came in 11th my first match 8th my second and 6th my second match and 6th my 3rd I hope to wow a little with this stock on my next

Back