Face Plate NutWrench 6913 Clausing

Made in USA

Registered
Registered
I would like to ask for some information about my 6913 Clausing lathe. I bought a very used lathe, rode hard and put away wet, and I am rebuilding it. I have torn alot of it down and need to get the face plate nut lose so I can remove the chuck for painting. I am new to lathes(owned a craftsman for years and played with it) at least real ones. I do not have a spanner wrench for it. What are the letters numbers such a L-1, L-00 etc mean. Is it a size of the spindle or the nut? Please have patience with me cause I am new to this. I would appreciate any help that I can get. If anybody knows where I can buy a wrench please let me know. Thanks,

It is the spindle nose designation. If it's an L00, this wrench should do it.

Here are the specs.

1647710586928.png

Last edited:
MrWhoopee, thanks but how do I find out what size mine is. I have looked through the online manual that I downloaded and have seen no reference to the size. Got any ideas how to determine it? Thanks

MrWhoopee, thanks but how do I find out what size mine is. I have looked through the online manual that I downloaded and have seen no reference to the size. Got any ideas how to determine it? Thanks
just edited my reply, see above.

If it's a 6913, the mount is an L00. I have one, so am sure about it.

Ok thank you! I shall look for a wrench for my 6913. I have to get the chuck off so I can paint behind it easier. Plus when I am finished I will want to run a face plate or collet. By the way, what differentiates the different sizes? Is there a measurement or something? Thanks

The first reply, to your original post, showed the dimensions of the various long-taper spindle noses (aka L nose spindle).

Making a wrench isn’t hard and was one of the first things I did for my 5913.
5bd22c04d44b5e482d10e397b252b77b.jpg

Back