Face Shield Big Enough for Respirator?

Chips O'Toole

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Does anyone make a decent face shield that has room for a respirator? It seems a little odd to me that anyone would make a shield that won't permit it, when they know people use the shields when grinding. They do it, though.

I'm talking about respirators like the 3M 6200, not dust masks.

Does anyone make a decent face shield that has room for a respirator? It seems a little odd to me that anyone would make a shield that won't permit it, when they know people use the shields when grinding. They do it, though.

I'm talking about respirators like the 3M 6200, not dust masks.
Why not a 3M 6900 full face respirator:

EB8B3C4E-1718-4264-A105-38AA9A682F65.jpeg

Or a clone:

154776E9-D9AD-4453-9656-0987CE26323D.jpeg

That looks like it might be what I need. Any idea how hard it is to get reading glasses on under it?

That looks like it might be what I need. Any idea how hard it is to get reading glasses on under it?
No, but they look like regular readers should work. Both are on Amazon, with free returns; I searched full face respirator.

3M 6900.
IMG_2619.jpeg

Or there is this - 3M 6200.

IMG_3736.jpeg

Full-face will be the best way to go. The trouble with getting a regular grinding shield to work while wearing a half-face respirator is getting the straps and headgear of each to play nicely together. Add spectacle frames into the mix and I think it would be a nightmare.

-frank

Per the Seller of the clone, “Regular glasses can be worn in small sizes.”

I wonder if anyone here has personal experience with it.

I don’t like wearing glasses inside my 3M full face. Maybe it’s possible but it’s not so comfortable.

Back