Famco 612

Bentley18

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and this is my first question is about a new to me Famco band saw. I just worked on the hydraulic down feed and it seems to be working okay. It does how ever leak down in about 3 hours but I don't see that as a problem. It had a broken wire in the motor and now that's fixed. Are these suppose to have rubber tires on the wheel?
Any info on the saw would be appreciated.

Horizontal metal cutting bandsaws, especially those using a coolant do not have rubber tires on the wheels; at the relatively slow speeds that they run, tires are not necessary.

Thanks for the reply. I have a new blade ready to go in tomorrow. I can't wait to fire it up. I got a real good deal on it $50.00.

Thanks again

Hello, I am wondering where do you all get parts for these saws? I just picked one up, it's missing a thing or two but it will, in time, need the guide bearings for example.

TYIA.

Hi There, I don't know if any parts are still available. If the bones of the saw are good, I'm sure parts could be made or something altered to keep it going. I would think the guide bearings are all standard. My saws hydraulic down feed was not working. I took it apart, made some gaskets and used a leather washer (I had forgotten about them) for the piston. It works fine now, the only other thing I did was have the wheels turned because they were so worn the blade wouldn't stay on. I just make the blade 1"(I think) shorter.

Good luck,
Dave

Back