Farm Boy engine - First Run! With video.

jgedde

Active User
Registered
Here is a video of the first run of my Farm Boy engine after sorting out some issues with Hall sensors! It uses an ignition circuit I designed. This engine took about nine months to complete working on it sporadically.

I could hardly hold the camera still when I heard it run reliably for the first time! It was all I could do to suppress whoops and hollers on camera!

The engine is running on denatured alcohol.

The spark plug is a Rimfire VR2L. I designed my own spark plug which is in the process of being made. I'll add a build thread with how I did it and working drawings if it all pans out - I think it will.

I'm as happy as a pig in... well you know...

Here's a link to the video: [video=youtube;DoI33CuWYsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoI33CuWYsU[/video] Cheers! John

Very cool... Congrats on a working machine and finishing a long term project!

Ray

John, that's just plain cool. Congratulations. I love it. :thumbzup:

John: Very well done!!!! Did you build off Jerry Howell's plans? If so, were the plans easy to understand and follow? Thanks for posting the video. Roger

John: Very well done!!!! Did you build off Jerry Howell's plans? If so, were the plans easy to understand and follow? Thanks for posting the video. Roger

Roger, I purchased Jerry Howell's plans. They were reasonably easy to follow. Just a couple of missing dimensions.

Thanks for the good words!

John

Wow !!!! You guys continue to amaze me to no end.

Such fantastic work. I love this site. Congrats on that
project. You do great work. :man:
Snugrat

Back