Farm Boy Progress

jgedde

Active User
Registered
My digital camera broke and I haven't been able to take progress pictures until today; my tax refund came and I was bale to purchase a new camera.

Since my last post to the "First Farm Boy Parts" thread, I've made many more parts and started to dry fit everything... The hardware I used is only temporary until I make proper scale model hex head screws.

Here's the latest photoset:

John

dry fit side.jpgback.jpgcyl head.jpgcam gears governor closeup.jpglubricator.jpg

dry fit side.jpg back.jpg cyl head.jpg cam gears governor closeup.jpg lubricator.jpg

Gonna have to invent another word for this one. Absolutely gorgeous. ------ "Billy G" :man:

Great looking job! Well done so far!

Were the gears purchased or did you make them also?

Gary

Made the gears too. I needed two different cutters, both 48 DP 14 1/2deg pressure angle. The #2 and #3. The #3 I got on eBay used, and it's a good cutter. The #3 is an import from Travers. It's not so good, but it worked.

cutting gear teeth.jpg

John

cutting gear teeth.jpg

Oh wow!!! That is awesome right there!!!! Is this just gorgeous!!! Did you make that from bar stock or a casting kit? Where did you find the plans???? I'm getting hooked!!!

Chris

Absolutely beautiful fit and finish - it gives a guy something to aspire to. You seem to have gotten off on the right foot with your new camera - nice pictures.

Michael

Aw, John. I don't think any Farm Boy ever left the factory lookin' that purty. Very nice.

Back