Favorite metal cutter?

One note is that while it does spark, it also produces a chip, I was covered in little shiny metal flakes after work today.

I got it at the home despot today, it's a ridged brand.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-4-5-in-Metal-Cutting-Diamond-Blade-HD-MTL45/204202513

I also snagged a more expensive Diablo, was labeled as better but I have no idea if it is.

For 10 dollars I really love this thing, I used it for what by my estimation was 2-3 lifespans of the blue wheels and its still like new.. you can also throw it in your toolbox and not care because, metal...
Think next time I get wheels I'll have to try one of those! Have you compared Diablo to the cheaper one yet?

well like I mentioned I just got them today and nothing has changed in the last few hours, I'll try it tomorrow if the opportunity arises...

I have a Milwaukee metal cutting circular saw. It works great on sheet metal up to about 1/8".

I use guides with my plasma cutter. Just a piece of straight wood, or shapes made of wood. 3/8" MDF works great for patterns. The torch shield rests on the wood, holding the standoff at the perfect distance, while the inner tip rides against the wood pattern.

I received the nibbler last week. The packaging looked pretty cheesy--typical Chinese junk ala Harbor Freight, so I was skeptical. I opened the package, and was pleased with the heft and feel of the tool. Popped it in my cordless drill and tried it on some 0.125 rectangular tubing. It cut like butter! Very impressed. Was able to make about a 0.5" radius cut. I like it! Oh and the handle covers up a second nibbler so you can use it right or left handed.IMG_0553.JPGIMG_0555.JPGIMG_0556.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

Back