Feed knob ideas?

I didn't like the small knob on the cross slide on my 9x20 lathe, so I turned a disc-style knob from a piece of 4 inch x 1 inch flat bar. I drilled a hole in the outer rim and turned a two inch long handle for it. The handle fits into a recess and spins on a screw inserted from the back side. The cross slide is much easier to move and it seems I can position it more accurately now too.

Just look at this as an opportunity to upgrade a part of your machine!

Yeah, next time I'll use the chalkboard in the shop for that old world appeal...

Thanks francist , nice drawing . OK 5/8's it is . My longitude wheel is missing the handle , MSC has that covered . Cross slide needs the ball and a handle so it looks like I'm in good shape there . My compound is missing one handle , That one is so tiny I don't think any of the MSC ones will match so I'll make that one (I should be able to handle it haha) I'm making a draw bar and I found this wheel , it's nice and I cant beat the price . https://www.ebay.com/itm/1Pc-3-Electroplating-Handwheel-OD-69mm-Machinist-Cast-Iron-Tailstock-Hand-Wheel/152385218779?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Back