Felt for lathe wipers needed

Any how the 1/4” felt was to thick for the covers that came on the Sheldon so I made some new ones, the steel jig I made is to bend the brass , the old felts are the black ones. Did your lathe have wipers ever ?.
I’ll send you a 6x6” piece Monday.

I'm not sure mine ever had wipers, when I had the saddle apart last fall I didn't notice any indication they ever existed, but admittedly I wasn't expressly looking for them at the time. I would refer back to the images I took then, but I apparently didn't take any of the relevant portions of the saddle. Either way, I intend to put some on it.

Thanks for the pic, that's pretty much what I was thinking but it's nice to see outside of my imagination.

dtsh : Are there small screw holes on the saddle above where it rides on the ways ? , are they prismatic or flat ways ?
Got a pic of saddle on ways ?,
Ok I went to lathes uk doesn’t look like any of them had way wipers , you’ll have to make covers and drill tap saddle to hold them on there.

Thanks greatly. Perhaps I'll take better pictures this time!

When I'm working on something I take pics to ensure I can get it back together because I can't seem to remember what I was doing 10 minutes ago; though it seems to never fail that some detail always escapes notice and I spend way too long finding how some fiddly bit that I managed to miss, fits.

Back