Felt for lathe wipers needed

dtsh

Registered
Registered
I'll happily trade some materials, time, or cash as desired for a bit of felt as my lathe needs some and I don't have any. I can order some, but I suspect several folks here have acquired more than a lifetime's supply and would be willing to share. If you've got some to spare, let me know and we can work out the details via PM.

Thanks!

Spare 1/4” f5 ? White felt,
Got it for a Sheldonlathe
But got too much,

Last edited:
1/4” could be to thick it was for my Sheldon I had to make new brass covers , I’ll dig some out and see , should get into town next week to the post office.

Someone read our private messages and wanted me to post to the forum?. Any how the 1/4” felt was to thick for the covers that came on the Sheldon so I made some new ones, the steel jig I made is to bend the brass , the old felts are the black ones. Did your lathe have wipers ever ?.
85F1E366-3F40-4889-B6FB-71C7D61F60D8.jpeg

I’ll send you a 6x6” piece Monday.

That's what I'm looking for, PM sent.

Someone read our private messages and wanted me to post to the forum?. Any how the 1/4” felt was to thick for the covers that came on the Sheldon so I made some new ones, the steel jig I made is to bend the brass , the old felts are the black ones. Did your lathe have wipers ever ?.

I’ll send you a 6x6” piece Monday.

Actually, I am thinking someone read this thread.

Back