Felt replacement?

zamboni2354

Registered
Registered
For the takisawa, Does anyone know what type of felt should be used or is similar to the original for the felt on the upper half nut, top of apron and top of quick change?

Thanks
Jeff

Cut your own to fit out of hard felt. McMasters should have the basic material

Cut your own to fit out of hard felt. McMasters should have the basic material
Thanks for the reply. Yes, i plan on buying from McMaster and cutting my own. I had looked at their site and they had soft, firm, and hard with several options under each of these. So i wasn't sure which one was would be the closest to the original or if that made a difference. I was looking at the firm, but will go back and look at the hard. Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, i plan on buying from McMaster and cutting my own. I had looked at their site and they had soft, firm, and hard with several options under each of these. So i wasn't sure which one was would be the closest to the original or if that made a difference. I was looking at the firm, but will go back and look at the hard. Thanks again.
I wonder if the main reason for the variable choices is most concerned over what materials you are machining along with which cutting fluids or if you using a coolant/flush system or not?

I wonder if the main reason for the variable choices is most concerned over what materials you are machining along with which cutting fluids or if you using a coolant/flush system or not?
McMaster lists some of the uses. some of the thinner harder ones are used as gaskets and washers, but yes, I agree that I think that for the felt being used to filter oil there needs to be some match as far as how fast the felt lets the oil filter through it at the proper rate so that the oil gets everywhere it needs to go.

Back