Fig Tree Pocket Twin Diesel

Canuck75

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Have completed the Fig Tree Pocket Twin. This was a very interesting project. Required a lot of planning for the machining sequences but otherwise doable.
Used CRS for the crank, 6061 for the block heads and barrel, 7075 for the rods, C12L14 for the sleeves, CI for the pistons and bits of brass where needed. Most fasteners are 4-40 but used 2-56 to fasten the rod straps. Also made the optional throttle control carb. The reed valve is .002" mylar. Was able to use a boring bar with a small bit to broach clearance ways for the rods. Some changes were adding extra fins to the barrels to give the head screws some extra holding power and using four sealed BBs on the crank (4 x 10 x 15 mm). Still waiting for a 16x8" prop. Also working on getting fuel ingredients to see if I can get any of these things to run.

Been working on my next motor which is the Motor Boys International 2.04cc Swiss Dyno, from drawings by Ron Chernich.

Will post the pictures in thumbnail to keep the size off the file down

Cheers

.IMG_9256.jpeg
IMG_9260.jpeg
IMG_9266.jpeg
IMG_9304.jpeg
IMG_9307.jpeg
IMG_9308.jpeg
IMG_9338.jpeg
IMG_9342.jpeg
IMG_9354.jpeg
IMG_9356.jpeg
IMG_9363.jpeg
IMG_9367.jpeg

I just found this thread and I must say your workmanship is excellent.
Did you get a video of it running/

Ray

Hello Ray, no I haven't tried to run it as yet. Had some medical issues but am pretty much back to norm now so need to get going on a batch of fuel. From what I have read a mixture of 40% ether, 30% castor oil and 30% kerosene should do the trick. If it runs will post a video. Thanks for the comment.

Dave
I just found this thread and I must say your workmanship is excellent.
Did you get a video of it running/

Ray

Back