Filament brands - please comment with your opinions

I heard good things about Hatchbox...bought a couple and honestly, for the price, I prefer Sunlu (see amazon for great deals on that weekly...like $17 to $20 for 2.2kg)
What type filament? PLA? PETG?

Thanks,
Ted

I have only Hatchbox PLA, but Sunlu PLA AND Petg. I am currently printing with Hatchbox PLA and its looking good...no issues. I just have to say the pretty regular deals on Sunlu on Amazon can be killer. I got 2 2.2kg of Petg for $30. Since it also works well, I'm picking up the deals on Sunlu whenever available.

sunlu, hatchbox, and Amazon basic have all performed to expectations in PLA
I’m running some Hatchbox PLA+ on my ender3 now (225C nozzle temp 80C bed temp) it makes some damn smooth prints

I have only Hatchbox PLA, but Sunlu PLA AND Petg. I am currently printing with Hatchbox PLA and its looking good...no issues. I just have to say the pretty regular deals on Sunlu on Amazon can be killer. I got 2 2.2kg of Petg for $30. Since it also works well, I'm picking up the deals on Sunlu whenever available.
I see Sunlu two rolls with a "master spool" to switch the two rolls between for use. Have you used this arrangement? Is there a hassle switching between rolls?

Thanks,
Ted

sunlu, hatchbox, and Amazon basic have all performed to expectations in PLA
I’m running some Hatchbox PLA+ on my ender3 now (225C nozzle temp 80C bed temp) it makes some damn smooth prints
That’s interesting...I have a Ender 5 pro and I run my Hatchbox PLA at 207 with a bed temp of 60. It’s a stock hot end (today)...what’s your printer setup?
FBD82ECF-5E9B-440F-AAA0-6F057E83600D.jpeg

I see Sunlu two rolls with a "master spool" to switch the two rolls between for use. Have you used this arrangement? Is there a hassle switching between rolls?

Thanks,
Ted
It’s probably wasteful, but I just order straight/normal rolls...I guess I’m not opposed to the master spool setup, but haven’t dipped my toes in that pond yet.

That’s interesting...I have a Ender 5 pro and I run my Hatchbox PLA at 207 with a bed temp of 60. It’s a stock hot end (today)...what’s your printer setup?View attachment 358653
PLA+ Was what I was referring to with the higher temps I listed.

i run regular PLA 210C nozzle and 60C bed, very similar to your settings

Interesting...PLA+? I’ll have to look into that!
i have found that it is a bit tougher than regular PLA.

i have not had any layer separation issues with PLA+

i think it is also known as SPLA

Last edited:
Back