Finally done restoring

Yes it is, just the panel though I source the motor locally here in GTA

Can't wait to her her go

Paul

Paul,

Looks great! (Orange is my favorite color).

Is that a WNY rotary phase converter?

Cal

- - - Updated - - -

Haha Home Depot never thought of that but you are right , anyways thank you for all the good words, I have some photos of her before have to find them I will post them, and once I get everything finalized I will post a video of her runnig

Paul

And all along I thought that was Home Depot/Harley Davidson orange:nuts:

Paul, your EE is looking great. Nice job! I'm just trying to keep things straight in my head ... is this EE the '43 from Mike Ward in Toronto? Cheers, Bill

Yes that is the one

Paul
Here are few photos before

mon1.jpgmon3.jpgmon4.jpg

Paul, your EE is looking great. Nice job! I'm just trying to keep things straight in my head ... is this EE the '43 from Mike Ward in Toronto? Cheers, Bill

mon1.jpg mon3.jpg mon4.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I kind of like the colour, maybe some red/black pinstripe flames to finish it off?

Holy macaroni's, Batman! That's a work of art!

Just to illustrate my beyond newbee ignorance, how do you get the steel to shine so well, without endangering precision and accuracy? Actually, is that even a consideration? Is such polishing one of the areas where you would use scraping or simple 1200 grit sand paper will do? Buffing wheel perhaps?

If my questions are on the preposterously ignorant side, let me assure the group, to call me "ignorant of such techniques" is actually a compliment! ;-)

BeautIful job, nice looking machine! Larry

Holy macaroni's, Batman! That's a work of art!

Just to illustrate my beyond newbee ignorance, how do you get the steel to shine so well, without endangering precision and accuracy? Actually, is that even a consideration? Is such polishing one of the areas where you would use scraping or simple 1200 grit sand paper will do? Buffing wheel perhaps?

If my questions are on the preposterously ignorant side, let me assure the group, to call me "ignorant of such techniques" is actually a compliment! ;-)

600 grit and varsol will shine things up nicely.

I did half way job in most places where I could I got to bare metal but mostly I just send it down to a flat surface and painted it no primer but there is a few layers of that paint I used both brush and HVPL unit that I acquired but I must be doing something wrong because it didn't spray as nice I I hoped for I think the electric spray painter would have done just a good of the job or better

Paul

I have a couple of quick questions for you Paul. Did you use a brush for the paint and did you take it all down to bare metal? What type of primer did you use if any?

thanks
Shawn

Back