Finally Found One

Good to know about Bridgeport parts being compatible. Thanks. I did call HQT in Ohio they said the variable speed parts won't interchange, though most other parts do. But he gave me a number for a place in Michigan that's a comet dealer and they can get em. Do tonight I'll take it apart and see what I need, sounds like I'll most likely need the pulleys and maybe bearings.

Let me know what you find out about the dealer. You never know when replacement parts are needed.
:boxed in:

Ok I'll let u know. Took it apart tonight, the key slot in the shaft that drives the spindle is worn through the side. And the motor shaft itself is worn down past the depth of the keyway. Not gonna be a cheap fix I guess. I'll upload some pics later

Cut a new key slot on the opposite side of the shaft. Of course having a working mill would make the job easier. :rolleyes:

I have a k&t horizontal and I plan to try that. One thing I'm seeing is those dogs where the pulley shaft engages the spindle are worn. They still seem to engage ok though so maybe I'll leave that for now

Weld it up and turn to size then cut the key way . Not a real hard job even with a gas mig welder you can do the job. How's the pulley ? Ok waiting for pics.

Back