.Finally Pulled the Trigger on a Dapra Biax 7EL Scraper

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Registered
I'm totally stoked !!!!
I won an auction on the site that rimes with D-Bay for a beat up Biax 7EL.
luckily shipping is cheap too!!!
the price was right and it comes with a set of carbide scraper blades.
i'll be sure to post pictures when it arrives
i just had to tell everyone!!!!!!

I have not been able to justify the bag's prices on them, really old machines and over the top for prices. There is a newer model on there now for a grand without any attachments....

You were bidding against me. You won fair and square Bob
Ps maybe you'll do a loaner some time :winner:

i'll tell you Bob, you don't know how close you came to getting the Biax.
it was a huge leap of faith for me, but i figured either i'd get it for a decent price or
someone else would get it for a slightly increased cost.
to be honest with you you could have had it at auction if your bid was about $20 more than i ended up paying for it.
i didn't think i'd really win, i drew the line at 450 + frt.
i have seen beat down units go for a lot more.:headscratch:
but, i'll sleep better when it lands and i can run it for the first time:phew:

thanks for the comments and thanks for reading!
pictures upon arrival!!!!

I have not been able to justify the bag's prices on them, really old machines and over the top for prices. There is a newer model on there now for a grand without any attachments....

I have a hard time paying Champagne prices for Coors' Light.
i do buy new things, but even then i don't like paying full price if i can help it.
On the flip side of the coin, i will spend my hard earned dollar on high quality equipment and tools that have proven track records. i will gamble a little on getting stuff if i want it bad enough.
heck- usually i get things that are broken, super cheap, and return them to function.
sometimes i take the goodie and keep it (most times).
sometimes i will trade them or give them to worthy people as an act of Machinery Karmic Alignment:jester:

That’s odd, I got an e-mail saying it’s being shipped to my house?

:roflmao:

Can i at least get a picture of the Biax when it arrives ? I'd hate to wonder if it was lost in the mail :jester:

Maybe borrow it for a quick scrape job, about 10 minutes max????

My max was $450 including shipping, You won by shipping

too bad we didn't know a couple days ago that we were biddin' against each other
things might have been a lot different.:thinking:

Congrats! that is a great price if it is not TOO used; make sure you look at the brush wear and replace if they look like they need it.

VTY John

Back