Finally pulled the trigger: Ordered a PM932V/PDF

I would recommend getting a 935TV if space and size (weight) is not an issue, the quality issue is a big deal. I just can't get over the quality difference between the PM1340GT and my BF-30 (RF-45) type mill in use. Maybe at some point I will get a better mill. In general every time I buy lessor quality, I end up spending more in the long run because it either doesn't last, needs to be repaired, or gets replaced with something better. It is at a price point, but with the better quality tools/machinery, your more likely to keep it for a long time. At my age, it will most likely be the last time I need to buy it.

Well... I appreciate all you guys recommendations...

Talked to Matt today... a 935TX is on the way (no TV's available).

Here is a list of what I ordered:
PM935TS
Accessories:
*Halogen work lite
*X axis power feed
*2X 5" vises
*11 pc R-8 collet set
*Clamp set (not on acc sheet)
*Easson 3X '12' DRO
*Z axis power feed

Matt had it ALL in stock... so it will be prepped and shipped soon.
May even have it before the end of the month.

THX again guys for suggesting I look seriously at the Taiwanese mill...
Now BOTH machines are Taiwanese.

Just for grins... anyone know of a Taiwanese 7x12 bandsaw... LOL

This will be my last post at this thread... a new thread titled: "Updated mill order: Matt and Ray graciously allowed me to change from a 932 to a 935" will be posted:
http://www.hobby-machinist.com/show...hange-from-a-932-to-a-935?p=237212#post237212

Just for grins... anyone know of a Taiwanese 7x12 bandsaw... LOL

Ask Matt, I talked him months ago & he told me that he ordered some 7x12s from Taiwan for evaluation or something. Not sure how that went. I hear not all of the Rong Fu bandsaws are made in Taiwan anymore but not for sure about that.

I have an MSC version 7x12 RF style bandsaw, I don't think it's made in Taiwan but it does use all imperial fasteners like many Taiwan machines do & like my old 4x6 Taiwan made bandsaw. But the quality seems like Taiwan, much better than the HF 7x12s I looked at. If I hadn't got a great deal on mine locally I would have waited for Matt to buy from.

Back