Finally starting... let the adventure begin.

Make sure your drain pipes have cleaning access from both directions and at all turns. Cheap now, expensive later if debris slowly fills your pipes.

Very nice.
Concrete pour to weather tight and insulated building in a little less than six weeks.
No small feat.

I hope your other responsibilities allow timely progress in/on your shop.

Now that prices are "normalizing" What would you put up for interior walls? I'm leaning towards OSB or plywood because it would be more durable than sheet rock. Any thoughts on this, thickness etc would be appreciated.

I used sanded 5/8" plywood on all of my interior walls. I can hang a cabinet anywhere with that thickness. 1/2" would be the thinnest that I would go. It was stained with a clear stain just to give it some depth and then two coats of lacquer. I purchased mine for $16/sheet in 2019.

I bought a pallet of OSB when it was cheaper per piece than a 12' 2x6. At today's price, I'd go with plywood. Two reasons, the plywood is better for hanging stuff, as @7milesup says, the other is that plywood is way better for taking paint. I'm kinda depressed by the chipwood interior of my cave, I'd really like to brighten it up with a coat of light-spreading white paint. At the time I made my purchases, plywood was significantly more expensive. Now, not so much. Gypsum or hardiboard would be nice for the flame-retardancy, I tend to generate sparks out there.

I have 3/4" plywood on the large part of my shop. 5/8" probably would have worked OK. Price difference between OSB was only a few dollars per sheet so easy to choose plywood.

I bought a pallet of OSB when it was cheaper per piece than a 12' 2x6. At today's price, I'd go with plywood. Two reasons, the plywood is better for hanging stuff, as @7milesup says, the other is that plywood is way better for taking paint. I'm kinda depressed by the chipwood interior of my cave, I'd really like to brighten it up with a coat of light-spreading white paint. At the time I made my purchases, plywood was significantly more expensive. Now, not so much. Gypsum or hardiboard would be nice for the flame-retardancy, I tend to generate sparks out there.
I was thinking about putting some of the aluminum siding in the grinding and welding areas, but it's kind of pricey. How does hardy board hold up? true hardy board is $45/ 4x8 sheet. They also sell hardy backer board - is that what you meant?

Back