Finally starting... let the adventure begin.

I wrote my first check for my shop in November '18. By November of '19, the building was up. Then I had to do electrical, insulation, and interior finish, one weekend at a time. I moved out of storage and into the shop in November 2020. That's an exact 2 year build time. A lot of wait, a lot of expense, but now I can go out back and do my thing in my own customized space. Long wait, but worth it!

I wrote my first check for my shop in November '18. By November of '19, the building was up. Then I had to do electrical, insulation, and interior finish, one weekend at a time. I moved out of storage and into the shop in November 2020. That's an exact 2 year build time. A lot of wait, a lot of expense, but now I can go out back and do my thing in my own customized space. Long wait, but worth it!
I don't see any pics to prove it sir.

I feel your pain. I am over the year mark myself. Partly because of mother nature and partly because I hired the slowest crew ever.
Low isn't to bad if they bo good work. I have a great distain for the construction trade. There are a few who really care and are good but we wouldn't be the only ones to want them. Too many just do bad work when they feel like it. Sorry for the rant... I had a wonderful man contract on our new home 28 years ago. My last discussions with him were about a metal shop building on some new property (thinking retirement move) but sadly he has passed a man, likely 10 years my junior and a friend who I made while we built this house. I don't think people he hired liked him, when was tough and demanding. I am a softy with way too much compassion and understanding for those people and am constantly ripped off. As an individual doing "our" project, we just don't have the clout nor the necessary experience to run that show in most cases. Certainly in my case.

Nice! See, I can tell that I like you from those photos! :grin:
what brand is your 2" belt sander?

That's an early-1980s Jet. It's only the 3/4 horse version, but if I need to really hog down some metal I can lean it into my disc sander.

2X6 walls?
Do you have a mini-split in there? I guess all you would need is heat.
I love the Bremerton area. We have good friends in Port Orchard.

I used 6" studs over 2x6 purlins for about 8" of fill with R-21. I have a HVAC company next door that offered to install a used good mini-split for cheap, but I am not sure if I really need it. This summer with the insulation in kept the shop cool enough for me. I will be installing an electric heater before this winter is out. The plug-in 1600w space heater takes too long to get the shop up to 60 degrees!

If you ever come up to visit, give me a call. I can see Port Orchard from my house!

I spy a Sammy there Pontiac. You a wheeler too?

Oh yeah! I bought that guy stock 15 years ago, built it up fabricating my own lift and suspension ideas. No bolt-ons, no kits. My wife drove it for the first time and blew the engine all over the highway after finding 3rd gear from the top of 4th (instead of 5th). So there it sits, first project to be tackled as things get settled.
IMG_0312.JPG

Sorry for the hijack.

Man, I made so many typos, I can’t read my own post. I’m sorry guys! My eyesight, fat fingers, poor spelling and apple auto correct don’t get along.

Back