Finally starting... let the adventure begin.

Did you get the rain the other day?
I was wondering what the conversation was regarding wet insulation?

That bird wasted no time staking a claim, LOL.

The project is looking great.

Last edited:
Looking real nice. That insulation will be a huge benefit.

Did you get the rain the other day?
I was wondering what the conversation was regarding wet insulation?

That bird wasted no time staking a claim, LOL.

The project is looking great.
I was surprised. The one area where the insulation was most exposed was completely dry when I checked last evening.
Yeah, I felt bad removing it's nest, but hopefully they will finish the last wall, trim and gutters/downspouts today.

Yes, only a week once they finally started.

Does any one know if the insulation seams are supposed to be taped? They say no. There's a 3 inch overlapp of plastic at seems, but they aren't sealed in any way... just overlapped.

Yes, only a week once they finally started.

Does any one know if the insulation seams are supposed to be taped? They say no. There's a 3 inch overlapp of plastic at seems, but they aren't sealed in any way... just overlapped.

I have been told that they leave them open to prevent moisture from collecting between the roof and the water proof membrane. Just like the insulation in your home, you want some air flow.

That is a beautiful shop building. Maybe it is the picture, but the image of the front of the building, the bottom of the foundation seems to be exposed. Generally the contractor will sink the edges to prevent this exposure. Maybe it is left that way to allow for connection of the drive way.

Did you have them install the plumbing and electrical conduit before the cement was poured, or will it all come up from the outside. Even though you indicated you will be waiting, It would be good to get the conduit and piping in before you add the driveway and/or gravel around the building. That way you are ready when the time comes and you won't have to disturb the work already done.

Last edited:
Back