Fincor 2301 dc power supply

image.jpeg Well I tested one scr.wired up a 220v unit to 115..hit breaker on unit..ok..hit run toggle switch..ok..had 55-56 v.putting meter leads on 2 and 3..didn't change with pot..then pow..tripped house breaker.have never Tripped unit breaker..bad scr or was it dumb to hook up to 115..

They may have all been dead before you got them.
Also you should have a motor connected when you power them
Did you say that the SCRs showed continuity from tab to center pin or no continuity?
Mark
ps I recommend unsoldering all 5 devices (3 big diodes, 2 scrs) and test them. Do it for all the units you have. You might have enough good parts to make one good controller.

Last edited:
No continuity to center but two outside pins have continuity..the 3 diodes with lines to them let voltage go one direction but not other..will get out the last one and test it per your info..thanks Phil

What would make scr pop. Ground somewhere? Old age?

Incorrect hookup would kill it. Or motor wires coming loose while running. With the unusual terminal numbers I wouldn't be surprised if they got fried before you got them.
Diodes sound ok. The SCRs have to be removed from the board to do a proper test on them using the jig with the power supply and light bulb. Sounds like they are iso-tab types which is good, much easier to install than the non-isolated ones.
The ones that KB uses are iso too, I can get you some part numbers if you need to buy any.
Ciao,
Mark
ps make sure the board mounting brackets are not causing a short somewhere
pss the SCRs can fail shorted or open, usually shorted: bulb on (or off) all the time; gate having no effect.

Last edited:
Make doubly sure with an ohmeter the SCR mounting tabs are isolated from the center (anode) pin if they pass the light bulb test. We don't want to make a false assumption
and blow your good parts.
M

In the process of cleaning out my reloading room so can lay this stuff out and do a proper diagnosis with your help..found a new rolling block stripped action (made in Italy I'm guessing.serial number only) I've been looking for..going to unsolder couple scr and check..Thanks

Have 4 scr off..no tab to center wire contact..on 2 light is same brightness on outside wires when switching power around..on 2 when putting power to 2 outside wires light is dimmer when switching power(positive to negative)

The only control marked with a bad tag works..last one to try..pot doesn't change speed of Baldor gear motor but what the hell..one step at a time..now ready to actually fix one or two or three..whooo hoooo

Reversed wires to motor to change rotation..ran appx 10 seconds.popped scr near terminals..last one that popped was same location...

Back