Fincor 2301 dc power supply

The scrs are bad if you dont see the latching action. The scr you took off a treadmill may not be an scr at all. Or it could have a different pinout.
M
ps sounds like time to order some new ones

Last edited:
Found site on how to test scr with meter..set it on 2000 M..any lower read OL...did 3...040 neg on A..111!pos on c..short g to A 10...remove ...A went to 108...2nd...same order. 035....119.....short g to a. 010 remove went. OL...3rd almost same reading...any good?? Or bad??hope 1 reads good .if so can test all until find 2...mark..thanks for part numbers..AND you time..

I don't understand your meter readings, but if you think you have a good one, check it with the battery and bulb. If it doesn't pass the latch test it's still bad.
I've never gotten good results trying to test scrs with a meter.
Ciao Phil

I'm going to study your directions again them try to test with bulb..Mark at Galco industrial electronics sent me some pictures of factory directions for 2301 and 2302 control.tthink it was good of him to go in warehouse and dig thru old paperwork..of course you were correct.1 and 4 incoming power..1 and 2 motor shunt field..2 and 3 motor arm..is my Baldor shunt wound?? Thanks Phil

On three scr did light bulb test .put negative on center wire ..positive with bulb touching either wire to left or right of center no light..removed scr from a mc2100 control.did same test .it lit up..gonna test until I get 2..I hope..if not going to order some. Thanks Phil

Would my Baldor dc gear motor be a shunt wound motor.has 1 black.1 white.1 green wires..a bodine dc gear motor I have has 4 wires.2 arm.2field..

I don't think the Baldor has a field; green is probably ground.
So when you tested the scr from the mc2100 the light came on and stayed on when you removed the wire from the gate? If so that's a successful test.
M

I'm going on memory on this and this drive is a very old drive. Which brings up a point electrics age capacitors dry out or short out. Be mind full of this when you purchase old electronics even if its free it may not be worth the price.

As I remember these drives could be operated on 115 or 208/230 single phase. The 4 terminals I believe were used to set the operating voltage of the drive. This was accomplished by switching jumpers on the primary of the small power supply transformer for the control circuits. So these terminals are not the AC input or the DC output . It was common 30 years ago on small enclosed DC drives to connect the power leads directly to the fuse block or the power switch. The Armature was often connected directly to the reversing switch. if there is no terminal marked L1 /L2 or terminals marked A1/A2 or A-/A+ the power and DC output was most likely connected as described above.

Again I am relying on my memory and could be wrong.

if you use Google search the manual will show up but my virus checker lit up like a Christmas tree when I tried to down it. Again from memory some of the Fincor DC drives were build by Dart controls which is still in business they may be able to help with a manual.

Good Luck

Mark has been walking me through testing scr's and trouble shooting..scr's were bad.have one up and running for now..couldn't find manual for a 2301.found one for 2330 but totally different..called Galco ind. electronics.mark(a different mark)went in warehouse and dug out a manual and emailed to me..lots of info in the 4 pages..Thanks

Have two controls working .replaced bad scr's with good ones removed from other controllers..thanks for all the help.Phil

Back