Resolved Finding a PM

porthos

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
i have trouble navigating this site: so here is my question. have something for sale and i got a PM from a individual. got it once but can't find it again. it can't be that hard. i always use age as an excuse. help??

can't anyone help navigating a PM that i know that i have. i have no issues with other sites that i am on (6 or 7) getting messages; only this one. i guess that i am dummer that i thought

Upvote 0
First, the local name for the PM system is "Conversations" which is accessed by clicking on the icon that looks like an envelope and in most display Styles appears near the right end of the site's main tool bar at top of screen. To open the PM system, you must single-click on that Icon and then click on the line of text that begins "Show All...". If you are not doing that, try it first.

Upvote 0
i have trouble navigating this site: so here is my question. have something for sale and i got a PM from a individual. got it once but can't find it again. it can't be that hard. i always use age as an excuse. help??
Porthos,

The PM system (called Conversations) is not searchable in the strictest definition of the term.

Click on the icon (that in most screen display styles will be near the right end of the main toolbar near TOS) that looks like a small envelope. Click on Show All... in the window that should appear. That should bring up a screen showing all non-deleted PM's or Conversations that you have ever received, newest at the top. Click on the word Filter (or just to the left of it) near the top right of the PM screen. Confirm that there is a check mark within the circle to the left of "Show all conversations". If not, click on the circle and if necessary click on the word Filter again. It might be at the bottom right corner, depending upon what else you had done.

Look down the left side of the PM screen for the message. If you recall the User ID of the person you are looking for, you can also set the filter to show only messages from him/her. If you do not find it by any of those means, you or maybe he must have deleted it by a process called Leave A Conversation or something like that. Once deleted or left, I do not know of any way to get it back.

Upvote 0
not yet, the VFD is still at the shop being tested. they are very slow.

Upvote 0
Back