Finished Mounting The 9x20 To The Hf 56" Tool Box

Flammable_Solid

Active User
Registered
Using a few of the examples here and on the web, I finally finished mounting my 9x20 to the 56" HF tool box.

I used a laminated MDF countertop on top of a 3/4" piece of plywood. Used 1-1/4" deck screws to hold the two pieces of wood together, then put 5/16" x 1" lag bolt through the existing holes in the top of the HF tool box from the inside up to the plywood.

So nice to use it and have it properly secured finally.

IMG_20160821_192035932_zps7b6uibxm.jpg

Looks like a nice setup! I have mine sitting on a similar toolbox with an extra plywood top. The one thing I did was to use a spacer block on the wall behind the tool box and the a clamp block from inside the box to the wall. That really made the setup rock solid.

Here is the link to another thread here on the site with a picture of my lathe and mill. On the lathe you can just spot the 2-4 on the right leg of the toolbox that is part of the clamp to the wall.

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/bench-for-g0602.35825/#post-304371

Jim

Last edited:
When I had my PM25 and my SB 8k I had them both mounted on 40" tool boxes. I do miss the ease of moving my machines around. :)

For stability, I made some basically oversized machinists jacks that I put on the corners to level the box/machine. Worked very well.

When I had my PM25 and my SB 8k I had them both mounted on 40" tool boxes. I do miss the ease of moving my machines around. :)

For stability, I made some basically oversized machinists jacks that I put on the corners to level the box/machine. Worked very well.

The jacks are on my to-do list!

Being a guy that is not owned by a house, I need the flexibility to roll the machines around. If the property management continues to be a PITA, I'll probably just roll both machines into my living room.

Back