Finished refurbishing my Greenerd 3A arbor press

Axismatt

Registered
Registered
I bought it at auction for $80... seemed like a steal. When I arrived, it was way filthier than the lot photo showed, which is normal. It had a fair amount of surface rust on all unfinished surfaces, and the grease was so old that it was bound. Took it home, hit it with some purple power, freed it up and went to work on the surface rust. In the end, it needed nothing but a deep cleaning. I polished and/or blued all unfinished components, painted it to match the rest of my tools in the shop, and voila.

The first two pics are after I scrubbed it down and got the ram out. It has an original Greenerd stand. All in all, I'm happy with it.20200922_045218.jpg20200922_045222.jpg20210102_191937.jpg20210102_191945.jpg20210102_192002.jpg20210102_192020.jpg

Yeah,
You really do suck. $80? Are you serious?

That is awesome. I love the color. Hard to tell though if it is red or orange. My brother (now deceased) painted a LOT of stuff in his shop Hemi orange. He loved that color.
I am in the process of restoring a Wilton bullet vise.
What parts did you blue? I have a nickel anode coming. Going to try my hand at nickel plating.

That is awesome. I love the color. Hard to tell though if it is red or orange. My brother (now deceased) painted a LOT of stuff in his shop Hemi orange. He loved that color.
I am in the process of restoring a Wilton bullet vise.
What parts did you blue? I have a nickel anode coming. Going to try my hand at nickel plating.

Really, the only items I blued instead of polishing, were the button head bolt and washer that keep the drive from sliding out. Those items were not worth the trouble to polish, but raw metal color just wont do. The ram, handle and drive were polished. Not a lot of parts to it.

Back