Firearms Sales Question

I’m a big fan of the Second… yet at the same time it’s apparently obvious that we need to tighten regulations towards the mentally unstable.
Go after the GUNS! THAT'S the answer!
I always see this - sometimes a Communist agent against the Second Amendment, but sometimes just a party with little understanding of Liberty - but it's always the same: "I'm a big fan, BUT...."

There is zero "tightening" that will serve any purpose or accomplish any goal toward what you rightfully and correctly desire. This has been proven time and again, place after place, and is only the feelgood result of hand-wringing. So no, nothing is "apparently obvious". History, recent and old, has proven that measure wrong many times over and proves it wrong daily. After all, we HAVE "tightened regulations" right NOW.

For every "a nut with a gun" there's at least as many "a nut with a knife" stories. Why would we make it so EASY to get a knife? Or a machete? Or baseball bat? The 'apparently obvious' problem is the nut, not the regs.
But you need to worry about 'tightening' because the media TELLS you that other people worry about tightening. Don't worry about them. They're wrong.

The story in question wasn't even a random nut. All the connections to the victims were real. He had some kind problem with them, maybe also with the cop. Journalism was once alive and able to spell this out. Today, not so much. Just drama for the sake of drama.

The First Rule of Gun Safety is to never relinquish control of your guns to the government. That includes "tightening".

When I started this thread, I had no intention of turning it into a debate about firearm restrictions. I twas simply to ascertain the current regulations, both Federal and State of Wisconsin, regarding sales of firearms between private parties and through a third party. So far it appears that private sales are allowed but third party transfers require the middle man is a FFL holder.

For those that provided insight, thank you. If this thread appears to be getting too political, moderators, please feel free to shut it down.

I agree with RJ this thread seems to be getting politcal. Everyone has their own opinion on guns and thier control.
Lets close the thread while we are still freinds

Easy does it.
I think our nuts are just more nuts than they use to be, and I don't know why.

I always see this - sometimes a Communist agent against the Second Amendment, but sometimes just a party with little understanding of Liberty - but it's always the same: "I'm a big fan, BUT...."

There is zero "tightening" that will serve any purpose or accomplish any goal toward what you rightfully and correctly desire. This has been proven time and again, place after place, and is only the feelgood result of hand-wringing. So no, nothing is "apparently obvious". History, recent and old, has proven that measure wrong many times over and proves it wrong daily. After all, we HAVE "tightened regulations" right NOW.

For every "a nut with a gun" there's at least as many "a nut with a knife" stories. Why would we make it so EASY to get a knife? Or a machete? Or baseball bat? The 'apparently obvious' problem is the nut, not the regs.
But you need to worry about 'tightening' because the media TELLS you that other people worry about tightening. Don't worry about them. They're wrong.

The story in question wasn't even a random nut. All the connections to the victims were real. He had some kind problem with them, maybe also with the cop. Journalism was once alive and able to spell this out. Today, not so much. Just drama for the sake of drama.

The First Rule of Gun Safety is to never relinquish control of your guns to the government. That includes "tightening".
I said nothing about going after the guns. But I’ve known quite a number of people who it was obvious to everyone that knows said

i said nothing about going after your guns. Yet, when I read the article…. This paragraph confirmed in my mind that some people should be prevented from ever having access to firearms.

Prior to Mire’s ( Mire is the shooter) apprehension, the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office said he was wanted on charges of first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder, illegal use of weapons, home invasion and illegal possession of stolen items with a value up to $25,000, the station reported.
########
Timeline of manhunt and Trooper shooting.

Late Saturday night: Mire is arrested at the end of Hoo Shoo Too Road. Nearby is a .40-caliber Smith & Wesson magazine, but no gun, his having "discarded what appeared to be a firearm into a high grass and swampy area." At a hospital later, where he is being treated for dog bites and a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his right leg, Mire asks about the Gaubert's condition and says, "I didn't mean to, but the guy was watching the house," presumably a reference to where the other Dutton Road homicide occurred.

Last edited:
Ask a local dealer to take it on consignment. No work on your part, no legal issues and you may get a better price.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Back