Firepokers

Abom79

Registered
Registered
This post, and project, is in relation to my firepit post. Everytime we had a fire at my buddies house, we neve had anything to poke the wood with, except for for random sticks and ****. So i decided I was going to make him a shop made firepoker. Once I had the idea, i figured I would make two and give one away at my familys secret santa party( alot of people in my family love to go camping). I used some 1" aluminum for the handles which I knurled and drilled and tapped on one end. The rods I used some 1/2" cold rolled stock, machined a taper on one end, and threaded the other end. For the hooks I used the shorter pieces of 1/2" cr and machined the same taper, then heated and bent them to shape. My buddy loved it, and the family member who ended up with the other one was my mom! She loves it too, and keeps it in her camper for there camping trips.

firepokers003.jpg

firepokers004.jpg

firepokers005.jpg

firepokers003.jpg

firepokers004.jpg

firepokers005.jpg

Very nice design, and it seems everyone's happy!

The shaft is threaded into the handle? Did you epoxy, or drill a cross hole and put at least a 1/8" pin in?

If not, they may start coming loose, with any twisting motion.

Very nice design, and it seems everyone's happy!

The shaft is threaded into the handle? Did you epoxy, or drill a cross hole and put at least a 1/8" pin in?

If not, they may start coming loose, with any twisting motion.
I used some 680 Loctite and threaded them together. They won't be breaking them loose unless you heat it up.

they would be good for cooking hot dogs over the fire too! :))

Back