Firing up the True-Trace...problem...help???

PCFree50

Registered
Registered
As my Profile Pic reveals, I have a Bridgeport True-Trace from 1966 (with a 1962 J-head). which started my antique machine-shop project. So I solve my voltage conversion issues (obsolete Allen-Bradley controls) and filled the tank and flushed the lines. Hook everything up, activate the hydraulics...and fluid squirts out the back of the tracer head out of a threaded hole which can be seen in the first picture below. There is no mention of any missing control back there, no image of the back side to reference it, but the side view drawn does show the boss where the threaded hole is. The second picture is the actual side view the manual drawing shows. Does anyone here know what goes in that hole? Is is maybe a test port for pressure? Maybe a plug goes in it?
IMG-2346.jpgIMG-2347.jpg

Sure looks like a plug goes there, if there are no other hydraulic lines unaccounted for
-Mark
None, as they all come in from the top. I was thinking maybe a drain for the head? The boss allows it to drain away from the side so as to be caught in a cup or other container?

Yes, it must be a service plug. Plug 'er up and start cutting! :)

I would like to see a gauge in that port before you plug it...just for curiosity sake

Back