First chips on PM-932....COMPLETE WITH PICS !! !!! !!!!

Congrats on making your first chips, how loud is the mill in action?

Congrats on making your first chips, how loud is the mill in action?

No problem. Its obviously a machine that's running, but not audible enough to be annoying.

Probably will quiet down a little with some more "mileage".

No problem. Its obviously a machine that's running, but not audible enough to be annoying.

Probably will quiet down a little with some more "mileage".

I DITTO that. PM-932 is a nice quiet machine. Perfect for my location. Loudest experience was a fly cutter cutting the metal.

Milling machines like this aren't much louder than a washing machine... I think the question you're asking though, is how loud is it when you mill something... Aluminum and non-ferrous metals make almost no noise. Some types of steel will generate an occasional annoying screeching sound though....

Ray

I ask because I had a geared head mill similar to this years ago and it was very LOUD just running never mind cutting something. Hmmm mind you I was running it at 2,000 RPM.

i'd like to know what depth of cut on steel you guys can take with these 932's, before the machine bogs down or start chattering.

looks nice, thanks!

Congrats on the your first chips. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Looks like a nice machine and setup you have there.

Mike.

hi,

Congratulations with your new mill!

I have just sold my Grizzly G619 mill (same as the Sieg SX3) and have decided to keep the MD001 and a larger Lagun FTV-1 (that needs some brushing and cleaning).

I am quite happy with my MD001 and have fitted DRO on it. I like the capacity and power. I have consider to put VFD on it and cnc - but have put that on hold for a while. Maybe later when I get more time….

I know that the MD001 is slightly different machine compared to the PM-932. But is would have been interesting to know if you have measured the accuracy of the machine: flatness of the bed in x and y direction and maybe some other key figures.

Good luck with your new machine and I hope you get many good moments with it!

Bjorn

Back