First chips!

Was trying to make chips before I head to Tempe for a week to get my daughter back to ASU. Now I can sleep at night.

That looks pretty darn good for a first cut, you might want to try reducing the amount of stick out on your cutting tool though. I have a similar lathe and they are not known as rigid machines. Any thing you can do to reduce flex will be a good thing. If you want to see how much they move, try an interrupted cut on a piece of square or hex and watch the tool holder bounce around. Stu

Thanks for the tip in stick out. The cut you see was not the actual first cut. The pipe was ROUGH so it took a bunch of cut to get to this point. I have some aluminum stock to play with when I get home.

Every single person that has worked in a machine shop for more then a week hates chips in every possible way.
You will soon learn this I suspect (-:

Yep not much sleep, the wife didnt even say goodnight last night..haha 11:00pm I made my last cut.

Good luck and enjoy that new feeling

Lookin good DD , don't rush to get good at it. That's when the Buying starts and will not leave you alone untill you are Very Old. :grin:

Back